Skip to main content

40 Tips To Help You Live a Longer Healthier Life


A lot of people say life is short—but to me, life is really long! It's just that a lot of people are careless with it. So, here I have come up with 40 tips on how to enjoy the longevity and have a more prosperous and healthier YOU!

“I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.”
 — William Allen White, on his 70th birthday



Here we go in no particular order:

♦Enjoy yourself 
♦Stay young at heart 
♦Be honest and open 
♦Take care of your heart 
♦Be curious – learn something new 
♦Follow your instincts- they are always right for you. 
♦Watch your thoughts; they become your words, and your words become your actions ♦Take time out for family and friends 
♦Exercise regularly 
♦Forgive others, but learn the lesson 
♦Make love often (adults only), if you are in a committed relationship. 
♦Find a true friend - and cherish him or her – True friends are better than pocket money. 
♦Stay hydrated 
♦Eat healthy 
♦Give and take 
♦Celebrate life!! It is your God-given right.
♦Early to bed, early to rise. 
♦Don’t mope – self-pity is your worst enemy 
♦Take nothing or no one for granted 
♦Try new things 
♦Challenge yourself! 
♦Count your blessings – they will multiply 
♦Do all things in moderation 
♦Indulge your senses 
♦Pamper yourself - you are worth it! 
♦Pray! Prayer changes things. 
♦Focus on Results 
♦Accept the things you can not change 
♦Be kind in every way 
♦Exude confidence! 
♦Always wear your best face – smile – it’s contagious! 
♦Say hello and goodbye 
♦Be sincere 
♦Keep it simple! 
♦Cut your losses and move on.
♦Hang around people who lift you up! 
♦Switch things up every once in a while 
♦Always remember kindness
♦Have respect for everyone you meet – respect breeds respect 
♦Exercise integrity

 “The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long long to begin it.” – W.M. Lewis

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Personal Sunday Reflection on the Three Stages of Life: Rest in Peace, My Brother.

A personal Sunday reflection of my brother’s life and legacy, in what I call the three stages of life—birth and development, the pursuit and the chase, and sickness and dying— illuminating the gift of mortality. Rest in peace, my brother. Life often demands reflection in its quietest moments. It's no wonder some people are always busy. The recent passing of my brother, Donovan, brought me to one of these moments—confronted by the stillness of an early morning ten days after his departure, I had an epiphany . In that silence, I considered the arc of life, its inevitable stages, and the truths that define us. From the beginning of birth to the vigour of youth and its pursuits of adulthood, to the finale—the fragility of aging and dying. I contemplated that life unfolds in three distinct but interconnected phases: birth and development, the pursuit, and sickness and dying.   Birth and Development: The Foundation of Self Life begins with hope and infinite potential. Each birth represe...

A Visit to Toronto’s First Black Church: Happy Black History Month

Faith is a huge part of Black culture. On the last Sunday of Black History Month, I took the liberty of visiting Toronto’s first Black church and establishment—First Baptist Church.  It was a true jubilee. Rev. Dr. Wendell Gibbs's message was powerful and deeply moving. He reminded us of our identity in Christ, declaring, “Black history didn’t begin with slavery or emancipation but in the Genesis beginning.” He also spoke of “The anguish of our ancestors… those who died [so we could have] peace… May humanity never again perpetrate such injustice against humanity. [And] we… vow[ed] to uphold this.” The service reached a pivotal moment when the congregation joined the choir in singing: I’m no longer a slave to fear I am a child of God. Founded in 1826 by formerly enslaved people who sought refuge in Canada, First Baptist Church has long stood as a pillar of the Black community. While the original congregation laid its foundation nearly two centuries ago, the current building, complet...

Have You Been Hurt? Three Words That Can Lead to Healing

I must first apologize to my male readers, this article is dedicated to all the ladies who have been hurt in the past and are still hurting today.   So, let me begin again. Have you been hurt?   God knows we have been hurt time and time again.